Important: Different XY Finders are different! Please read this section carefully.
XY1, XY2, and XY3:
These models each use one replaceable battery each and use battery size CR2032, which is a standard and common battery size.
This model uses one replaceable battery each and uses size CR3032, which is a standard size.
Please note that size CR2032 and size CR3032 are very different. XY4 uses a much larger battery than its predecessors.
This model has a rechargeable battery that is not replaceable. Please do not attempt to open your XYGPS, it will void the warranty and is likely to ruin the device.
XYGPS comes with a micro USB charging cable that you can plug into any standard USB drive. Look for the cable below the insert inside the box it comes in.
If you're not sure which kind of XY Finder you have, please click here.
For XY1, XY2, XY3, and XY4:
- You'll need a strong, flat tool. A flathead screwdriver is preferable, but a coin or another dull, flat, metal instrument will work.
- Insert your tool into indent or notch along the edge of your XY Finder.
- Twist the tool clockwise and counterclockwise (left and right) using firm pressure until the finder pops open.
- Remove the old battery, which is the part that looks like a coin.
- Insert the new battery, making sure the engraved writing (+) is facing upward. XY3 and XY4 Finders should beep when the new battery is inserted.
- Put the cover back on your XY Finder and firmly snap it closed.
NOTE: XY2 is more difficult to open than XY3 and XY4. A screwdriver is the best tool to use. Please be careful of the sound system wires in XY2 when opening the finder.
If you don't have a new CR2032 battery, you can buy them here on Amazon.
Here's a demonstration of how to open an XY Finder:
The video has also been attached below.