If you've had difficulty ringing your phone using an XY Finder with an iOS (Apple) device, the issue has now been repaired. Please take the following steps to ensure that you are able to use this feature.
Please make sure your device is updated to the latest version of the XY Find It app:
- Open the App Store on your Apple device.
- Tap on Updates in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the Update button to the right of XY Find It.
- Wait for the update to download and install.
- Restart your phone. (Turn your phone off before turning it back on.)
Note: If your Apple device updates apps automatically, this may not be needed.
Please make sure you have Notifications enabled:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple device.
- Scroll down to XY Find It and select XY Find It.
- Select Notifications and make sure every switch is turned on (green).
Please make sure XY Find It is running:
Keep the app running in the background. When you finish using the XY app, tap on the Home button (or on iPhone X, swipe up from the bottom of your screen) and proceed to the next task or lock your screen. Your XY Finders need to be able to communicate with the XY Find It app in order to ring your phone.
Hint: If your phone doesn't ring, or only rings briefly after pressing the XY Finder's button once, press the button again.
If you have any questions, please contact us here.