If you are having trouble beeping your XY Finder from your phone, here are some easy steps you can try before contacting XY support
iOS and Android
1. Make sure that you are in range of the Finder by placing it next to the phone.
2. Make sure you have Bluetooth enabled for your phone and app (iOS and Android) and that you have location services enabled for your phone and app (iOS only). We have recently added a red warning bar to the XY app on iOS to make you aware when these are not enabled.
3a. For iOS: Make sure you have upgraded your iOS to the latest version, preferably 10.2 or later. The XY app works with iOS 9 or later, but the iOS Bluetooth functionality is much improved in 10.x.
3b. For Android: Make sure you have upgraded your Android to the latest version, preferably 6.0 or later. The XY app works with Android 4.42 or later, but the Android Bluetooth functionality is much improved in 6.x and 7.x.
4. Make sure you see 1, 2, or 3 bars on the beacon signal strength that you are trying to beep. If those bars are all off, then the phone is not able to connect to the finder. If you are seeing no bars, check the battery or restart your phone.
5. Make sure you wait for a few minutes to verify it is working. Sometimes, it will take a few seconds for the app to connect to the Finder.
6. Make sure you are using version 3.32 of the XY Find It Android app or later or version 3.36 of the iOS app or later.
7. If you have an XY3, hold the button down until you hear a beep. If no beep is made, the battery most likely needs to be replaced or the finder may be faulty.
If none of these steps help you, please contact us at email@example.com for further help.